I was really surprised at what this technology accomplishes. Much is unexpected. You can set up in the middle of the desert itself. and succeed.
What happens is that you initially pour a bucket of water into the prepared hole itself. this sets up a water column the reaches deep. It is covered with a patch of paper to slow evaporation. then the bucket device is set up and the two seedlings also planted.
The plant is thus fully protected for at least three years around its roots and during initial growth.
The bucket is charged with waster and left. Condensation continuously recharges the tank and some water is wicked out into the soil to support the seedlings.
They have had a ninety percent success in pure desert even.
What really matters though is that the root system can run deep to locate deep water. This is huge because suddenly i can envisage covering the entire Sahara with single trees set on a mile by mile grid. Where they survive will be obvious plantation lands for future development. Where they do not you simply postpone.
Also crossing the desert you will see scattered trees as far as the eye can see.
I wish i had heard of this a long time ago but all the necessary field testing is well completed.
Not an irrigation method, but a planting technology
- Improving the soil with compost and mycorrhizae;
- Using the right primary roots which are not twisted, but extend vertically downwards;
- Using the Waterboxx® plant cocoon to plant (productive) trees, shrubs or vegetables with high water saving. The Waterboxx® plant cocoon is made from a high quality polypropylene (plastic) and is re-usable for 10 years;
- Using the biodegradable Growboxx® plant cocoon to plant a (productive) tree in combination with vegetables, shrubs or flowers. The biodegradable Growboxx® plant cocoon can be used one year only;
- Using the Growsafe Telescoprotexx plant protector to protect a young tree against the heat in the summer, frost in the winter, light intensity from the sun and grazing animals. The Growsafe Telescoprotexx is made from polypropylene;
- Using the Biogrowsafe plant protector to protect a young tree against the heat in the summer, frost in the winter, light intensity from the sun and grazing animals. The Biogrowsafe is made from biodegradable paper and can be used one year only;
- Making planting holes with one of the Groasis capillary drills on any surface (even rocks), while leaving the capillary structure intact;
- Making terraces while using the Groasis Terracedixx for a better water infiltration (25 to 75% more infiltration) during a rainfall.
How can a tree survive on its own during the most extreme weather conditions?
Plant trees anytime and everywhere
The Waterboxx® plant cocoon in Dubai. Even after a sandstorm the tree can grow with success. Survival rates of more than 90% are no exception while planting with the Groasis Ecological Water Saving Technology.