This explains why the so called deep state fails to share secrets with the political class except in carefully edited form. What they have is no security at all. It must be penetrated by anyone at will.
The fact is that the political class has by passed security forever in order to work with favored associates. That opens the door to any government to set up their agents. money talks even when it is not obvious.
Show up sporting plenty of gold, a hot lady and claim you can facilitate business or political campaign funds. Perform and you are as good as gold however large the cloud of smoke you rode in on.
We are fortunate that the least naive politician in history is now president.
- Either someone with clout in Congress, or higher, made sure the Awans received their security clearances despite glaring problems or the investigators pushed their files through for approval as part of a systemic breakdown.
- Many assertions in the Awan-linked applications and files could not be verified by subsequent FBI vetting as part of the criminal case now pending against Imran and Hina. The files are problematic, FBI sources said.
- The FBI did not conduct the background checks on members of the Awan family who were granted security clearances in Congress..
- A former FBI section chief and security clearance expert said this type of malfeasance is commonplace in D.C.
- The Inspector General found widespread fraud in firms conducting Congressional and government background checks, often cutting corners to approve files without vetting the applicants.