Good review of our present understanding of the mind. Various drugs are revealing a lot of new concepts and it is turning out to be productive.
I do not think any of the conclusions presented here are satisfactory. I think instead that the mind perceives and then adjusts Such a progress through perception opens many pages to associate with any new experience.
Emotional over lays are used to handle the Necessity of choice. That is what makes it all interesting and difficult to rationalize..
New Frontiers in Psychedelic Research
Dr. Carhart-Harris, Dr. Nutt and company have called this brain-state correlation the “primitive state” of mind, because it is characterized as an “evolutionarily regressive” state of mind, which could be seen as a safety net for waking consciousness – the primitive state is something to fall back on, or even escape to. It seems likely that this “regressive” state could be aptly paralleled to that of a younger, developing brain, such as that of a child, with even more research coming out confirming the increased state of impressionability in a psychedelic state. Naturally, impressionability also characterizes childhood thought process. While it seems that science has yet to make these fMRI comparisons, this is hardly a stretch in observation as the meditative, spiritual, and even psychotic states of mind have all held analogies to childhood thought process as well.
- From Trauma to Transcendence Through Neuroplasticity
- Post-Modern Shamanism: Top 10 Misunderstood Psychedelics
- Reincarnation as a Biological Adaptation to Natural Selection
- How to Conduct Dream Analysis with Empirical Methods and Results
- Kratom: The Top-Notch Holistic Substance You’ve Likely Never Heard Of
- The Human “Aura” Observed Through Digital Metadata