Thursday, March 2, 2023

“George Harrison 80: The Only Reason We Exist”




It is curious that at the time, i did not appreciate George Harrison.  But certainly can in retrospect.  Like fine wine, their music has aged well.  Even better, their spiritual take has also aged well.  And yes, they remain the greatest band ever and we all love the strong echos that have sprung up over the years.

All this sprang out of the fifties and was the full metal background to the sixties interwoven with tons of musical experimentation.  Four decades have now passed and various streams have since been hammered out as well.  Yet the Beatles do represent the gold standard in terms of achievement.

so do read the thoughts of chairman George.  None of you remember much today about Mao, thank god.


George Harrison 80: The Only Reason We Exist

https://operationdisclosureofficial.com/2023/02/25/reader-cathy-lovely-response-to-grant-ouellette-george-harrison-80-the-only-reason-we-exist/

Source: Operation Disclosure | By Grant Ouellette, Contributing Writer

Submitted on February 25, 2023


February 25, 2023: George Harrison would have been 80 today.

All “quotes” herein are by George Harrison; and all songs include George’s magical musicianship.

“When the truth gets buried beneath a thousand years of sleep, time demands a turnaround. And once again the truth is found.”

ALL THOSE YEARS AGO (George’s tribute to John Lennon)

I’m shouting all about love
While they treated you like a dog
When you were the one who had made it so clear
All those years ago

I’m talking all about how to give
They don’t act with much honesty
But you point the way to the truth when you say
‘All You Need Is Love’

Living with good and bad
I’ve always looked up to you
Now we’re left cold and sad
By someone, the devil’s best friend
Someone who offended all

We’re living in a bad dream
They’ve forgotten all about mankind
And you were the one they backed up to the wall
All those years ago
You were the one who Imagined it all
All those years ago

All those years ago All those years ago

Deep in the darkest night
I send out a prayer to you
Now in the world of light
Where the spirit free of the lies
And all else that we despised

They’ve forgotten all about God
He’s ‘The Only Reason We Exist’
Yet you were the one that they said was so weird
All those years ago
You said it all though not many had ears
All those years ago
You had control of our smiles and our tears
All those years ago

All those years ago All those years ago



“All the world is a birthday cake, so take a piece, but not too much.”



1950’s THE BEAT GENERATION or THE BEAT MOVEMENT was a group of popular American writers as THE BEATNIKS. They were influenced by eastern philosophy and religion and were famous for rejecting traditional principles and for their interesting writings.

1960’s THE BEATLES were the most famous band in the world.

TODAY The good folk of the Earth are in a REVOLUTION. ‘Let It Be’ with music; singing, whistling. Upon singing along I mused over how relevant these lyrics are today:

REVOLUTION (The Beatles; John Lennon, Paul McCartney)

Aah, You say you want a revolution, Well you know

We all want to change the world

You tell me that it’s evolution, Well you know

We all want to change the world

But when you talk about destruction

Don’t you know that you can count me out

Don’t you know it’s gonna be, Alright, Alright, Alright

You say you got a real solution, Well you know

We’d all love to see the plan

You ask me for a contribution, Well you know

We’re all doing what we can

But if you want money for people with minds that hate

All I can tell you brother, you have to wait

Don’t you know it’s gonna be, Alright, Alright, Alright, Ah!

You say you’ll change the Constitution, Well you know

We all want to change your head

You tell me it’s the institution, Well you know

You’d better free your mind instead

But if you go carrying pictures of Chairman Mao

You ain’t going to make it with anyone anyhow

Don’t you know it’s gonna be, Alright, Alright, Alright

Alright, alright Alright, alright Alright, alright Alright, alright!



“The world is ready for a mystic revolution, a discovery of God in each of us.”

288432720

TWIST AND SHOUT



Shake It Up Baby, Now!




“That’s it really; it’s all love, whichever way you look at it, it’s all love. How much you can get from each other and that’s determined by how much you’re giving to each other.”

144K

Betty Botter bought some Balmoral boots, but the boots made her bitter, for they didn’t fit her. So Betty Botter bought some Beatle boots, and those boots were better, they didn’t make her bitter, for they fit her better. Betty Botter’s better.

OLD BROWN SHOE Songwriter, lead guitar and lead vocals: George Harrison, the youngest of The Beatles

I want a love that’s right But right is only half of what’s wrong
I want a short haired girl Sometimes wears it twice as long
Now I’m stepping out of this old brown shoe
Baby, I’m in love with you
I’m so glad you came here, it won’t be the same now I’m telling you

You know you pick me up From where some try to drag me down
When I see your smile Replacing every thoughtless frown
Got me escaping from this zoo
Baby, I’m in love with you
I’m so glad you came here, it won’t be the same now I’m telling you

If I grow up I’ll be a singer Wearing rings on every finger
Not worrying what they or you say
I’ll live and love and maybe someday
Who knows, baby, you may comfort me

I may appear to be imperfect But my love is something you can’t reject
I’m changing faster than the weather If you and me should get together
Who knows, baby, you may comfort me

I want that love of yours To miss that love is something I’d hate

Take an early start I’m making sure that I’m not lateFor your sweet top lip I’m in the queue
Baby, I’m in love with you
I’m so glad you came here, it won’t be the same now I’m telling you
I’m so glad you came here, it won’t be the same now When I’m with you

The term “brown shoe Beatles” is a derogatory term used to describe the Beatles during their early years, when they were still performing in small clubs and bars in Liverpool. The term is thought to have originated from a review in a local newspaper, which described the band’s performance as “not quite as polished as their shiny black shoes”.

+++

“A little understanding of ‘As you sow, so shall you reap’ is important, because then you can’t blame the condition you’re in on anyone else.“

4327201008


“Try to realize it’s all within yourself, no one else can make you change, and to see you’re only very small and life flows on within you and without you.”

“Consciousness and meditation are methods where you can actually obtain God perception.”

“You see, with the meditation, the natural thing, it comes: consciousness expansion.”

“It’s all in the mind.”

72000×2

MY SWEET LORD

My sweet Lord Hm, my Lord Hm, my Lord

I really want to see you
Really want to be with you
Really want to see you Lord
But it takes so long, my Lord

My sweet Lord Hm, my Lord Hm, my Lord

I really want to know you
Really want to go with you
Really want to show you Lord
That it won’t take long, my Lord (Hallelujah)

My sweet Lord (Hallelujah)
Hm, my Lord (Hallelujah)
My sweet Lord (Hallelujah)

I really want to see you
Really want to see you
Really want to see you, Lord
Really want to see you, Lord
But it takes so long, my Lord (Hallelujah)

My sweet Lord (Hallelujah)
Hm, my Lord (Hallelujah)
My, my, my Lord (Hallelujah)

I really want to know you (Hallelujah)
Really want to go with you (Hallelujah)
Really want to show you Lord (ahh)
That it won’t take long, my Lord (Hallelujah)

Hmm (Hallelujah)
My sweet Lord (Hallelujah)
My, my, Lord (Hallelujah)

Hm, my Lord (Hare Krishna)
My, my, my Lord (Hare Krishna)
Oh hm, my sweet
Lord (Krishna, Krishna)
Oh-uuh-uh (Hare Hare)

Now, I really want to see you (Hare Rama)
Really want to be with you (Hare Rama)
Really want to see you Lord (ahh)
But it takes so long, my Lord (Hallelujah)

Hm, my Lord (Hallelujah) My, my, my Lord (Hare Krishna)
My sweet Lord (Hare Krishna) My sweet Lord (Krishna Krishna)
My Lord (Hare Hare) Hm, hm (Guru Brahma)
Hm, hm (Guru Vishnu) Hm, hm (Guru Devo)
Hm, hm (Maheśvaraḥ) My sweet Lord (Guru Sākṣāt)
My sweet Lord (Para Brahma) My, my, my Lord (Tasmai Srī)
My, my, my, my Lord (Guru Namah) My sweet Lord (Hare Rama)

(Hare Krishna) My sweet Lord (Hare Krishna)
My sweet Lord (Krishna Krishna) My Lord (Hare Hare)

George Harrison – My Sweet Lord – YouTube This video makes it appear as if we are living in a movie.



“The Lord is in everything that’s in Creation. So, when you look at a tree, it’s really a reflection of God. You see it in other people – that’s Him too, you know?”

144000

WHILE MY GUITAR GENTLY WEEPS (The Beatles)

“With every mistake we must surely be learning.”

Humor: Ringo is the Beatle’s drummer. What is Ringo’s favorite veggie?

HERE COMES THE SUN


This “Little Darling” The Beatles – Here Comes The Sun (2019 Mix) – YouTube has 116 million hits. According to Wikipedia as of 2021, ‘Here Comes the Sun’ is The Beatles most streamed song on Spotify, with over 700 million plays. “I feel that ice is slowly melting.”

Beets for the Beatle’s Beater

4327201008

HEADING FOR THE LIGHT (Traveling Wilburys; Tom Petty, George Harrison, Jeffrey Lynne, Robert Dylan, Roy Kelton Orbison)

I’ve wandered around with nothing more than time on my hands

I was lost in the night with no sight of you
And at times it was so blue and lonely
Heading for the light

Been close to the edge, hanging by my fingernails
I’ve rolled and I’ve tumbled through the roses and the thorns
And I couldn’t see the sign that warned me
Heading for the light

Oh, I didn’t see that big black cloud hanging over me
And when the rain came down, I was nearly drowned
I didn’t know the mess I was in

My shoes are wearing out from walking down this same highway
I don’t see nothing new but I feel a lot of change
And I get the strangest feeling As I’m heading for the light

Oh, my hands were tied, jokers and fools on either side

But still I kept on till the worst had gone
Now I see the hole I was in

My shoes are wearing out from walking down this same highway
I don’t see nothing new but I feel a lot of change
And I get the strangest feeling As I’m heading for the light

I see the sun ahead, I ain’t never looking back

All the dreams are coming true as I think of you
Now there’s nothing in the way to stop me
Heading for the light

Now there’s nothing in the way to stop me
Heading for the light

Heading for the light

Heading for the light




“The whole thing of life and all the answers to everything are in one divine law, Karma action and reaction.”

360×400

GIVE ME LOVE (GIVE ME PEACE ON EARTH) by George Harrison

Give me love, give me love Give me peace on Earth

Give me light, give me life Keep me free from birth

Give me hope, help me cope with this heavy load

Trying to touch and reach you with heart and soul

Oh, my Lord Please, take hold of my hand
That I might understand you

Won’t you please Oh won’t you give me love, give me love

Give me peace on earth
Give me light, give me life Keep me free from birth
Give me hope, help me cope with this heavy load
Trying to touch and reach you with heart and soul
My Lord Won’t you please

Oh won’t you give me love, give me love Give me peace on EarthGive me light, give me life Keep me free from birth

Give me hope, help me cope with this heavy load

Trying to touch and reach you with heart and soul

Give me love, give me love Give me peace on Earth
Give me light, give me life Keep me, keep me free from birth
Give me hope, help me cope with this heavy load
Trying to touch and reach you with heart and soul

Oh, my Lord



or live version



“God is actually inside. He lives in our hearts.”

Number 9 Number 9 Number 9

“They had forgotten all about God. He’s ‘The Only Reason We Exist’.”

______________________________________________________

No comments: