It goes without saying tat exactly this method has been repeated globally using CCP loyal students. That is how a Chinese dumbass makes it into our universities. Not a lot but sufficient to staff networks everywhere.
Of course the hunt is on, and not just in Canada..
The best solution is a pronounce automatic banding for all CCP cadres and let them all have time to flee the country. Their own fears will take thhem out of play.
Ontario MPP Leaves PC Caucus After Report Alleges He Funnelled CCP Money to Candidates
The Ontario legislature in Toronto on Feb. 20, 2023. (The Canadian Press/Frank Gunn)
By Andrew Chen
March 11, 2023Updated: March 11, 2023
Ontario MPP Vincent Ke says he is resigning from the governing Progressive Conservative caucus after allegations that he is part of China’s election interference network in Canada, which he denies.
A March 10 report by Global News citing intelligence reports and unnamed sources says that Ke served as a “financial intermediary” in China’s interference network in Canada.
“While the Global News allegations about me are false and defamatory, I do not want to be a distraction to the government and take away from the good work Premier [Doug] Ford is doing for the province of Ontario,” Ke said in a statement on March 10.
“Therefore, I will be stepping away from the PC Caucus in order to dedicate my time to clearing my name and representing my constituents.”
The Global News report says that according to sources, Ke received around $50,000 from the Chinese Consulate in Toronto as part of a $250,000 fund allocated for Beijing’s interference network. The funds were allegedly channeled via a series of intermediaries.
The article cites a Privy Council Office (PCO) report which says that the Chinese Communist Party’s (CCP) network in the Toronto area includes at least 11 candidates who ran in the 2019 federal election, at least 13 aides, and an Ontario MPP.
The document reportedly doesn’t mention Ke by name, but Global says that its sources who have knowledge of the Canadian Security Intelligence Service’s (CSIS) investigation into CCP interference in Canada say that Ke was a recipient of a portion of the funds meant for the network.
The article says another PCO document that was provided to the PMO four months after the 2019 election made similar points.
A spokesperson with the PCO told The Epoch Times that the office couldn’t immediately comment on the leaked intelligence reports.
Ke has denied the allegations.
“These allegations are false and defamatory. I am reviewing all options in order to clear my name and protect my reputation,” he said in a statement provided to The Epoch Times.
Ford’s office issued a statement on March 10 saying that Ke offered to leave the PC caucus “out of an abundance of caution,” which was agreed to and accepted by Ford.
“While the allegations against Mr. Ke are not proven, they are serious and deserve his full and undivided attention as he works to clear his name,” Ford’s office said.
Before his resignation, Ke was Parliamentary Assistant to the Minister of Public and Business Service Delivery. His position was assigned to another PC MPP on March 10.
Ke, who represents the riding of Don Valley North in Toronto, was first elected to the Ontario legislature in 2018, and re-elected in 2022.
Ford has previously said that Ke was an important part of his government, according to a 2019 National Post article which had asked the premier’s office for comment. The article cites Ke’s appearances with Chinese consulate officials and groups that take on pro-Beijing positions, and notes that he was a student cadre at his university in China.
The article cites Alex Joske, a Mandarin-speaking analyst with the Australia-based Strategic Policy Institute, who says cadres typically monitor students and staff for politically questionable behaviour, while adding that Joske was not familiar with Ke’s story specifically.
Reports on CCP Interference
The development follows recent media reports citing leaked intelligence documents about the Chinese regime’s vast operations to interfere in Canadian elections.
Global News reported on Nov. 7, 2022, that Trudeau was briefed in January 2022 on China’s election interference network in Canada, and that the CCP funded at least 11 federal candidates in the 2019 election. Trudeau has denied that he was briefed about 2019 federal candidates receiving CCP funding.
Another Global News report published on Feb. 24 says that Liberal MP Han Dong was one of the federal candidates in the 2019 election who were supported by Beijing, adding that CSIS believes Dong is a “witting affiliate” of the CCP’s election interference network. Dong has denied the allegations, saying that he will defend himself “vigorously against such inaccurate and irresponsible claims.”
Trudeau has stood by Dong, and responded to requests for comment on the issue by raising points related to racism.
A Feb. 17 report by the Globe and Mail based on CSIS leaks and sources said Chinese officials had expressed that their desired outcome for the 2021 election was a minority Liberal government. This was reportedly because they deemed the Liberals as most favourable to Beijing’s interests, but didn’t want them to form a majority government so that their power could be kept in check. The report also said that a Chinese diplomat reportedly boasted that she helped defeat two Conservative MPs in that year’s election.
In response to the allegations, the Liberal government has announced that it will appoint a special rapporteur to look into foreign interference in Canadian elections. It has also tasked the National Security and Intelligence Committee of Parliamentarians, a parliamentary committee that reports to the prime minister, as well as the National Security and Intelligence Review Agency, the national intelligence watchdog, to review the issue.
Opposition parties are united in asking the government to hold an independent inquiry to examine election interference. The Liberals have rejected that request.
Post a Comment