Stage 1: Day 1-2
Stage 2: Day 3-7
Benefits: Weight Loss and Cleansing
Stage 3: Day 8-15
Stage 4: Day 16 and Beyond
- Fung, Jason, and Jimmy Moore. “The Complete Guide To Fasting.” 1st ed. Las Vegas: Victory Belt Publishing. Print.
- Qujeq, D., Bijani, K., Kalavi, K., Mohiti, J., Aliakbarpour, H. “Effects of Ramadan fasting on serum low-density and high-density lipoprotein-cholesterol concentrations.” Ann Saudi Med. (2002): 297-299
- Chevrier, Dewailly, É. Ayotte, P. Mauriège, P. J-P Després, et al. “Body weight loss increases plasma and adipose tissue concentrations of potentially toxic pollutants in obese individuals.” International Journal of Obesity and Related Disorders; Hampshire24.10 (Oct 2000): 1272-1278.
- Wright, E., J. L. Scism-Bacon, and L. C. Glass. “Oxidative Stress In Type 2 Diabetes: The Role Of Fasting And Postprandial Glycaemia.” International Journal of Clinical Practice 60.3 (2006): 308-314.
- Collier, Roger. “Intermittent Fasting: The Science of Going Without.” CMAJ?: Canadian Medical Association Journal 185.9 (2013): E363–E364.
- Rahman, Khalid. “Studies on Free Radicals, Antioxidants, and Co-Factors.” Clinical Interventions in Aging 2.2 (2007): 219–236.