This serves to pin down the science much better than has been available in the literature. The blood will work to maintain the correct levels but the wrong inputs will stress this balancing act severely. That was not clear enough and it worried me as well.
The Truth About Alkalizing Your Blood
- Intracellular fluid, which is the fluid found in all of your cells. Intracellular fluid is often called cytosol, and makes up about two-thirds of the total amount of fluid in your body.
- Extracellular fluid, which is the fluid found outside of your cells. Extracellular fluids are further classified as one of two types:
- Plasma, which is fluid that makes up your blood.
- Interstitial fluid, which occupies all of the spaces that surround your tissues. Interstitial fluid includes the fluids found in your eyes, lymphatic system, joints, nervous system, and between the protective membranes that surround your cardiovascular, respiratory, and abdominal cavities.
- Buffer Systems
- Carbonic Acid-Bicarbonate Buffer System
- Protein Buffer System
- Phosphate Buffer System
- Exhalation of Carbon Dioxide
- Elimination of Hydrogen Ions via Kidneys
See the Acid/Alkaline Forming Food Chart
Generally speaking, most vegetables and fruits have an alkaline-forming effect on your body fluids.