For a good fifty years the margarine industry positioned itself as the superior and healthier source of solid fats for consumption. The whole narritive was false and even fraudulent from the get go.
by PAUL FASSA
Fool me once shame on you; fool me twice shame on me! Is butter really bad?
Even back in the 60s and 70s sufficient scientific evidence indicated that butter was far better than margarine for your health. Nevertheless, the fake, chemically laced, processed food industry along with its partner in crime junk science relentlessly convinced millions upon millions of Americans to eat margarine instead, because it was “scientifically” proven to be superior to butter for health reasons. The establishment mantra repeated over and over again has been that saturated fats make you obese and sick and are the primary culprit behind the explosion in cardiovascular disease. But is it true?
Consider this from LewRockwell.com:
Feeding high doses of fat and cholesterol to omnivores, like rats and dogs, does not produce atherosclerotic lesions in them …
In fact, it turns out that people who have highest percentage of saturated fat in their diets have the lowest risk of heart disease …
The last word on this subject should go to Julia Child … Enjoy eating saturated fats, they’re good for you!” 
The processed, food industrial complex successfully created an unholy alliance with Madison Avenue, the AMA, and the lame-stream media to con Americans into believing that margarine, a highly synthetic, plastic like, nutritionally devoid, additive laced substance made from cheap, low grade, refined oils was somehow superior to real butter from grass fed cows.
“Not only does butter taste incomparably better, it’s a natural product that human beings have been eating and cooking with for centuries without -damaging their health.” 
Fake Fat Damage
Partially hydrogenated fatty acids found in margarine damage arteries and blood vessels. They lower good cholesterol, and raise blood levels of triglycerides and lipoproteins leading to cardiovascular damage. They also raise C-reactive protein, an inflammatory and cellular dysfunction marker. Worse yet, they inhibit the utilization of essential omega 3-fatty acids as wells a prostaglandins, which eliminate blood clots. Additionally, a diet high in partially hydrogenated fatty acids has been linked to insulin resistance and type 2 Diabetes.
While the NY Times covers the negative health effects of hydrogenated oils, they are still promoting many of the myth based evils of saturated fat. In order to function properly, your lungs, heart, immune system liver, bones, hormones and cell membranes all require high quality saturated fats – in moderation of course. Fatty acids and cholesterol are needed for healthy cell membranes, hormone and vitamin D production, and the transport and utilization of important vitamins and minerals. The New England Journal of Medicine recently solidified the link between trans fats and heart disease. Even low levels of trans fats consumption (1%-2%) substantially increase heart disease.
Furthermore, many have now realized that it’s the trans fat found in margarine, vegetable shortening, and partially hydrogenated vegetable oils that is the true villain, causing far more significant health problems than saturated fat ever could! Still, despite the scientific evidence, the low-fat dogma remains a favorite among most government health authorities. Case in point: the most recent food chart issued by the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) in December of last year, recommends reducing your saturated fat intake to a mere seven percent of caloric intake—down from its previously recommended 10 percent…[ 1]
Five Solid Reasons to Eat Real Butter
• 1. Conjugated Linoleic Acid (CLA) – Raw organic, pastured butter has loads of anti- tumor CLA. It inhibits the growth of cancer cells in the skin, colon, breasts and lungs. It’s anti-fungal and it stimulates muscle growth while preventing weight gain.
• 2. Butyric Acid – Butter contains 4% butyric acid – a short chain fatty acid that research indicates can inhibit tumors. It also signals the immune system into action when an infection is brewing.
• 3. Vitamin K2 – Raw, organic, pastured butter and cream contains vitamin K2 – a necessary co-factor in vitamin D synthesis. K2 also ushers calcium out of your bloodstream and into bone cells which increases bone density instead of calcifying arterial and heart tissue.
• 4. Fat–Soluble Vitamins – Butter is a good source of the fat soluble vitamins A, D, and E. It’s also an excellent vehicle for their assimilation.
• 5. The Wulzen Factor – Raw, unpasteurized butter, cream and milk contain the “Wulzen factor” an anti-stiffness agent. It protects against calcification of the joints (osteoarthritis) as well as cataracts, and the calcification of the pineal gland. Pasteurization destroys the Wulzen Factor.
Raw, organic butter from pastured cows is a superfood that won’t make you fat if wisely consumed based on your nutritional needs, current health status and your body type. It fact, butter consists of short chain fatty acids (SCFA) and medium chain fatty acids(MCFA), which are not significantly stored as fat but easily used as energy.
So what should you be looking for? The Butter pyramid:
• At the top of the pyramid is organic butter made with raw milk from pastured, grass fed cows.
• The middle level is organic butter made with pasteurized milk from grass fed cows without rBGH, rBST, or antibiotics.
• The pyramid’s base is butter made from pasteurized milk from confined, grain fed, factory farmed, antibiotic and likely rBGH or rBST injected cows.
Amazingly, the butter at the bottom of the pyramid is still better for you than margarine! Margarine is merely a lab created plastic food-like substance, not by any means a real food. It’s cheap to make, lacks nutritional merit, and damages health. But it has a longer shelve life and a higher profit margin than real butter.
Could this finally be the end of the butter vs. margarine Mind-Wars?
Paul Fassa is a contributing staff writer for REALfarmacy.com. His pet peeves are the Medical Mafia’s control over health and the food industry and government regulatory agencies’ corruption. Paul’s valiant contributions to the health movement and global paradigm shift are world renowned. Visit his blog by following this link and follow him on Twitter here.