Insights Search

Friday, October 2, 2026

This Herbal Remedy has Saved Us Thousands in ER Bills!





worth noting. Moistened it makes a sticky paste which can be applied easily enough.

I have never quite seen anything ike this before. suggesting a thin stock of usable advice.

Still, these are all herbs to have on hand and putting up a small batch of the blend for need is a plausible practise.  It is also good news if you never need it.

Yet it exists and somewhere there is more dats.

This Herbal Remedy has Saved Us Thousands in ER Bills!



30 Sept 2026



This five-herb People’s Paste recipe is one of the herbal preparations I’ve kept with our family's homestead first-aid supplies for years.




In this video, I'll show you exactly how I make my version of People’s Paste using:




Comfrey root powder

Slippery elm bark powder

Myrrh gum powder

Bayberry root powder

Garlic powder




Click through to the blog post for the easy, step-by-step instructions and measurements:

 https://homesteadingfamily.com/people...




I'll also share the story of the accident that convinced me I always wanted this blend ready on the shelf, why I chose each of the five herbs, the simple ratio I use to make any size batch, how I store powdered herbs, and an easy option if you don't want to buy five separate bags of herbs.




Remember, herbal remedies don't replace good first aid or appropriate medical care. Deep, gaping, contaminated or heavily bleeding wounds need professional evaluation.




Being prepared means more than having herbs on the shelf. It means having the right supplies, knowing basic first aid and recognizing when an injury needs medical attention.




WELCOME! We're so glad you're here! We are Josh and Carolyn Thomas. Together with our eleven children, we are The Homesteading Family where we’re living a self-sustainable life in beautiful North Idaho. Let us welcome you and show you a bit about us here: http://bit.ly/HFWelcomeVideo




Grow, Preserve & Thrive with us!

https://www.homesteadingfamily.com

Facebook at / homesteadingfamily


Homesteading Family's Favorite Holiday Recipes - Grab all of our family’s favorite holiday recipes. https://homesteadingfamily.com/free-h...

5 Steps to a More Self-Sufficient Life - Simple steps anyone can take wherever they are to start a more self-sufficient lifestyle. https://homesteadingfamily.com/5StepsYT

Thrive Wellness Checklist - A simple guide for healthy living: https://homesteadingfamily.com/TWC_YT

Permaculture for Your Homestead- An introduction to permaculture with some strategies for applying it to one’s homestead and garden.

https://homesteadingfamily.com/PFYH_YT

Carolyn’s Cottage Garden herb list - Carolyn’s favorite herbs for growing at home.

https://homesteadingfamily.com/CGHL_YT

Carolyn’s Make-Ahead Breakfast Casseroles - These easy casseroles are a life-saver for busy weeks! https://homesteadingfamily.com/MABC_YT

Your FREE Guide to Preserving Eggs - Grab your guide to preserving eggs with multiple methods. https://homesteadingfamily.com/Eggs_YT

5 Steps to a Healthy Garden - Get an explanation of what makes healthy soil and 5 steps you can take to improve your garden. https://homesteadingfamily.com/5Steps...

Save the Crumbs- Several Recipes for using bread leftovers, a less committal entry to bread than the workshop. https://homesteadingfamily.com/STC_YT

Fearless Fermenting- A simple guide on basic lacto-ferments. https://homesteadingfamily.com/FF_YT

Fermenting Tomatoes - Easiest and fastest tomato preservation: https://homesteadingfamily.com/FT_YT

Preserving Culinary Herbs - Downloadable, step-by-step directions to drying, freezing, and salting culinary herbs. https://homesteadingfamily.com/PCH_YT

Render Your Own Lard - Grab these easy instructions on how to render your own lard. https://homesteadingfamily.com/RYL_YT

Grandma Lynn's Blueberry Buckle - A delicious dessert anytime of year: https://homesteadingfamily.com/BB_YT


<iframe width="919" height="517" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/sd2BJFaq82c" title="This Herbal Remedy has Saved Us Thousands in ER Bills!" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" referrerpolicy="strict-origin-when-cross-origin" allowfullscreen></iframe>


No comments: