Thursday, September 17, 2020

Supper in the wild

 


I wanted to share this. Suvival in the woods requires a tool kit that includes a fishing line and hook in order to fish and a good knife. Other items as well of course, but this is most important.

What we see here is a completely effective way to nicely cook fish. Simply placing the two fillets on a log and setting it by burning wood is enough to cook it. This can also apply to other small game as well.

Usually we see pictures of gobbets of flesh on a sharp stick which is unsatisfactory as a cooking method. This is much better.


I was cooking this trout I caught two days ago. North central B.C. around 100 miles from any road.

As I sat, I was thinking to myself, “ Wow, the year is 2020, many people are fighting other people because they are not THEIR skin colour. Not only in cities but in the very remote town I flew out of in a bush plane. I can’t believe the blatant hate being taught to children TODAY. Just how far have humans come anyway?” Ya, I was really thinking those thoughts while cooking this meal I caught. Home in a couple days. I hope there is more good then not to see and hear when I get there. Living in the Real World is good for the soul. Living in the man made world doesn’t seem so good these days. I hope all you parents out there are seeing the importance to teach your children to be kind, work hard and get better....WITH each other! Change comes by teaching the children, it’s THE key move. I hope you are all safe and smiling out there! PS, I only had a back pack, no fry pan. Yes, the fish cooked perfectly on that piece of wood. Take your kids out and do this with them, they can’t learn real life and experience this shit with an iPad 😉
Show less



I was cooking this trout I caught two days ago. North central B.C. around 100 miles from any road. 

As I sat, I was thinking to myself, “ Wow, the year is 2020, many people are fighting other people because they are not THEIR skin colour. Not only in cities but in the very remote town I flew out of in a bush plane. I can’t believe the blatant hate being taught to children  TODAY. 

Just how far have humans come anyway?”


Ya, I was really thinking those thoughts while cooking this meal I caught. 

Home in a couple days. I hope there is more good then not to see and hear when I get there. 

Living in the Real World is good for the soul. Living in the man made world doesn’t seem so good  these days.

I hope all you parents out there are seeing the importance to teach your children to be kind, work hard and get better....WITH each other! 

Change comes by teaching the children, it’s THE key move. 

I hope you are all safe and smiling out there! 


PS, I only had a back pack, no fry pan. Yes, the fish cooked perfectly on that piece of wood. Take your kids out and do this with them, they can’t learn real life and experience this shit with an iPad 😉


No comments: