Monday, February 6, 2017

Upright Canine Sighting

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 










Two excellent daylight encounters.  The first allowed the observer to note a number of characteristics.   The second was almost a glimpse but the feature actually noted were the large feet.  i have actually been looking for a better report on the feet and these are good enough.
The feet are large and long because they are three toed and designed to grip a large limb to allow movement in trees and between trees. As posted many times this creature is the giant Sloth and it is extremely dangerous and will stalk and kill lone humans although one report suggested several were moving in to ambush three campers.  The real risk is been alone in an area of good cover.

As i have noted, multiple reports normally get a couple of things right individually but then paint a clear image of conforming characteristics that do repeat.  thus after you get at least twenty reports you have a decent conjecture and after fifty you are actually filling in fine detail and making predictions to confirm.  This pair of reports are about the feet and the actual mane.  Both were a long time coming.
.

Upright Canine Sighting: Huntingdon County, PA 

Friday, January 27, 2017
http://www.phantomsandmonsters.com/2017/01/upright-canine-sighting-huntingdon.html


I recently received the following account:


My information is second-hand because it came from my father, who is deceased. I was in my teens when I first heard it, which was around 18 years ago. In 1984 our family lived in a house that was located on River Rd. along the Raystown branch of the Juniata River, near Huntingdon, PA.

One early evening during the Summer 1984, he said that he was driving on River Rd. towards Rt.22. The river was on his right side and it was still light outside. He noticed movement along the near bank, thinking that there may have been a fisherman. He slowed the car to get a better look, when this creature stood up on two legs. It was not a fisherman, but what he called a 'walking wolf.'

The creature looked at my father for a second, then quickly walked into the river. He believes it either walked or swam to the far bank, but he saw it pull itself out of the water and run into the woods on two legs. He described it as at least 6 ft. high with sparse brown & gray hair on the body, and legs and arms that looked like those of a well-developed human man. It had hands with claws, and large long feet. The head was that of a wolf, with a heavy mane of hair. It bared its teeth, which resemble those of a dog or wolf. He said it didn't look like the movie 'Wolfman,' that it looked more like an actual wolf. He later found a photo from an old film that he said looked similar to the creature's head and face (without the clothes). I still have it, so I scanned it for you to see.


A few other family members have heard the story. My uncle (father's brother) believes that it was true. He said that there have been several weird animals seen along the lake and down river since the dam was constructed in 1973. I've only heard about 'Raystown Ray,' the lake monster, which I believe is an exaggeration. But then again, who am I to question anyone's story? My father was a truthful person, and never told lies or make-believe.

I know that you have gotten other walking wolf reports, and I read a few on your website. I looked at the map also. It seems that the creatures are real and that my father really did see it. If you could contact me, I'd like to talk about this. Thank you. CC

NOTE: I contacting CC by telephone after a few emails. He seems honest and feels his father actual witnessed something unusual. I added some other details to the account after discussing it with him. I have written about Raystown Ray previously. I have also been to the lake and have fished below the dam. The lake has produced some huge 'lunkers' over the years...Striped Bass, Muskellunge and Lake Trout, which occasionally slip through the dam gates into the river.

As far as upright canine sightings, I don't believe there have been any recorded accounts near the lake...though there have been a few Bigfoot encounters reported. This sighting is in the general area of Pennsylvania where we believe a majority of the upright canine activity has been taking place, even though it occurred 32 years ago. Lon


Tuesday, January 24, 2017 
 
Southwest Arkansas Monster, Northfield Pigman & The Trail 
 http://www.phantomsandmonsters.com/2017/01/southwest-arkansas-monster-northfield.html?
 

Southwest Arkansas Monster

I received the following correspondence on Thursday in reference to an encounter that occurred east of Texarkana, Arkansas. The sister of the witness (who lives in Florida) forwarded the account. (The writer asked that I edit for spelling if I published):

Hello Sir - My brother and his wife had a shocking event on May 5th, 2011 when they were driving home to Genoa, Arkansas from a visit with his in-laws in Texarkana. He was driving east bound on Tennessee Rd (County Rd. 16) at around 7:30 pm and had just gone by Mosely Rd. when a creature suddenly jumped out of the trees and brush, crossed the road and blended into the thick woods. It was headed in the direction of Old Bitty Lake.
They both had a decent look at it and say it was about 6 foot tall and very stout with huge legs and feet. It was covered with very long reddish-brown hair that had dirt and debris stuck to it. When they stopped the car to look into the direction it went into the woods they got a whiff of a horrific stench (the windows were open).

I had heard the tales of the 'Fouke Monster' since I was a young girl but never bought into the hype. We actually lived near the Mercer Bayou at one point and talked to several people who verified the stories. My brother doesn't dare identity himself since he feels that it may cause problems but he felt there was a need for a warning.

I do believe him because he has never lied to me and is a very trustworthy, hard-working man. He is also a very experienced outdoorsman and knows the swamps and backwoods of southwest Arkansas liked the back of his hand. But this has left him shaken, to the point where he was at a loss for words when talking to me. That is VERY unlike him.

That's about all he had to say. Can you tell me of other sightings in the area? Respectfully, Dorothy

The area where the supposed encounter took place

NOTE: I've read many accounts about Arkansas swamp monsters over the years...none much different that this account. The area where this sighting supposedly occurred is only 10-15 miles north from the area of the 'Fouke Monster' incident...but I am still very wary. I'll keep my radar up, but I have serious doubts even though the witness seemed honest and forthcoming. Has anyone heard of other sightings in this part of Arkansas that my corroborate this report? Lon

No comments: