Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Genesis for the New Space Age with John Leith - Chpt X - Admiral Richard E. Byrd Finds The South Pole Entrance to Inner World


Now we fold in the Admiral Byrd tale of his trip to the pole that has been held out as evidence of something odd. What is been folded in is the huge body of literature arguing for a hollow Earth with huge entry portals at either pole which was disproved only rather recently when the sky filled with satellites.

As posted, i have good reason to suspect that the Earth is  actually hollow.   If true, then it will be thinnest at the poles. and underground entry could become feasible.  Travel the other way has been indicated.  We may even have a connection between oceans at the North Pole.  Thus the waters of the deep suddenly has fresh meaning.

What we have never had is a smoking gun.

What is historical is that a large body of folks supported the hollow Earth conjecture in spite of this glaring lack of evidence. Science was completely dismissive as can be expected from any application of Newtonian physics..

In the event this narrative continues and must be read as a work of fiction.  Yet this alerts us to keep an eye out for hard evidence if any really exists.

Chapter X

Admiral Richard E. Byrd Finds The South Pole Entrance to Inner World

"Hitler is alive!" Those were the first words Joseph Stalin said to President Harry Truman and Prime Minister Churchill when a discreet moment was available at the 1945 Potsdam Conference.

"The body in the bunker was not that of Hitler," Stalin said. "The hair, teeth and fingerprints do not match." Then he gave complete autopsy details to the Prime Minister of England and the President of
the United States. At the Potsdam conference it was agreed America would send the first expeditionary force to the Antarctic to look for the departed German leader and the missing nationals who had left Berlin and Germany by various routes in late 44 and early 45. It was also agreed that as soon as preparations could be made the United States would invade the Antarctic and the old allies including Russia would stand by if further offensive action was needed once the Germans were located.

Therefore, according to plan, the United States assembled its Russian and British approved South Polar expedition. Existence of the round wing planes would remain secret, and only conventional weaponry  would be deployed. The entire 1946-1947 operation was billed as the largest expedition ever sent to the Antarctic and was given publicity for the media back home, rather than an attempt being made to keep the expedition a secret. It was also intended to establish a permanent U.S. base in the subcontinent, a move that had been delayed when the temporary American bases of 1939 and 1940 were abandoned because of the war. But although Admiral Byrd was the figurehead of the expedition, his real role was disguised. He would lead "a search and find foray into the Antarctic" where it was assumed by many the German leader and his troops had retreated.

An accompanying naval force out of Norfolk, Virginia under Rear Admiral Richard H. Cruzen included thirteen war ships, nineteen planes, supply and transport vessels, equipped with helicopters and icebreaker to lead the way, and a submarine to aid in any type of underwater research or assistance.

All vehicles were caterpillar tread type tractors as these would be required to tow overland the sleigh and toboggan loads of building materials, quonset huts, warehouse, weather stations, abundant food, clothing and all accessories, especially fuel and oil to transport a 4,000 man force in a hostile freezing land, where ice and snow was up to two miles in depth. The Antarctic adventure was a full scale naval and overland expedition and in a real sense was a continuation of World War U, provided an enemy could be located in the 5-1/2 million square miles of Antarctic mountains and vast snowy wastes.

At Christchurch in New Zealand a branch station was set up as the midpoint for communications between McMurdo Sound, 2365 miles away. Also, at Christchurch additional repair parts and supplies would be stored for eventual movement to Antarctic where they would be required by the 4,000 man force.

Byrd had a final meeting with the military in the United States at which time on orders of President Truman, he was forbidden to fly his own aircraft until he reached the Antarctic.

The flight to McMurdo Base departed from the Hueneme, California base February 1, and carried Byrd's co-pilot (and navigator combined), radioman, and photographer representing the NationalScience Foundation and National Geographic Society. They set a course for Hawaii as passenger Byrd sat back reminiscing with his navigator.

The following day Admiral Byrd and his crew took off from Honolulu for the aircraft carrier where  his Antarctic plane was waiting to take them on the last leg of the journey into the South Pole region to find the whereabouts of the 250,000 Germans. On the fourth day after departure from Port Hueneme, Admiral Byrd arrived at McMurdo Base in the Antarctic where his fixed wing plane would be observed from a round wing plane of German origin hovering silently above the Sound.

Byrd's team had been the first to fly over the South Pole on November 29, 1929, and for him this updated trip, of course, was no mere polar exercise.

On this occasion he was resolved to find the missing Germans. The irony surrounding the expedition's concept, however, was that while some planners were told it was a polar training expedition, Byrd knew from three former expeditions into the Antarctic that this trip would entail untold hazards and perhaps a lot more than a hidden valley, where rumors told of a German hideout or last stand.

But it was Admiral Byrd's May 9, 1926 aerial expedition in search of the North Pole, accompanied by  co-pilot Floyd Bennett, that first fired his zeal to return again and again to the Polar ends of the earth.

It was Bennett who first awakened Byrd's imagination about the inner earth being hollow with possible entrances at both Poles.

Bennett had long noted an important similarity in all previous Arctic (North Pole) accounts. The weather became warmer the farther north a traveler went. For instance, the log of Dr. Fridtjof Nansen,  1893-6, seemed to show conclusive proof that the North Polar region was not a frigid ocean of ice.

Nansen's conclusions read: "We have demonstrated that the sea in the immediate neighborhood of the  pole,.. .in all probabilities lies, in a deep basin, not a shallow onc.the ice seemed to drift northerly, unimpeded..."

(In 1980, NASA maps confirm that the Arctic's ocean floor is a sloping depression beginning in northern Greenland and running about 2,200 miles. Actually the incline of the ocean bed begins about the 85th parallel and eventually becomes the throat of the Arctic which leads into the hollow Earth.)

The official released version of Byrd's 1926 flight from Spitsbergen to the North Pole is unimaginative and sterile. Byrd's log is reported to have recorded the following: "We reached the North Pole. After taking two sun sights and many pictures, we went on for several miles in the direction we had come, and made another larger circle to be sure to take in the North Pole."

Not disclosed in the official accounts is the following paraphrased but authentic record of that 1926 journey in its final hours. "Bennet urged Byrd to proceed at their existing altitude over an ocean devoid of ice, the horizon of which seemed to enlarge beyond the 85th parallel. As they continued, the compass became erratic, the tail wind increased and the sun's position sank lower. The tri-motored
Ford Plane continued only a short distance into this area of mechanical confusion and navigational uncertainty. Then Byrd, becoming fearful, decided to turn back and head for base." They had seen and felt the unknown. From that day on Byrd and Bennett (until his death in 1928) shared the same observations and determination. They had observed that the spherical earth was concave at the so-called top of the planet, and that the Arctic Ocean apparently disappeared into an unending black hole. Before they reached base, they had resolved to return.

During the following year, 1927, (the author confirmed) Byrd and Bennett fiew again to the top of the  world but this time they penetrated into the earth's interior. Their new sponsor was the United States
Navy. They departed in secret from an unknown base at an unknown time, and to this day no official
word of that flight has been made available to biographers or compilers. Byrd is reported to have flown a total of 1,700 miles, the most astonishing time of which was spent inside the earth's interior. His diary of the event records sightings of what looked like prehistoric animals, green forests, mountains, lakes,   rivers in a warm climate where tall, fair people waved to the fliers. Pictures of these interior locales were actually seen by the researcher.

Richard Evelyn Byrd, descendent of an old Virginian family and who served in the U.S. Navy prior to World War I and as an aviation instructor during the war, was to become illustrious - in a tragic way.
The panoramic evidence of that historic 1927 voyage was never to be shown or admitted to even exist. President Calvin Coolidge on seeing the over 300 pictures and upon reading the log of the flight said emphatically: "No one! Absolutely no one will believe this report! Let's keep it quiet! If we release the information, we will become the laughing stock of the nation and the world." President Coolidge was a New England realist. The decision to withhold the story of Byrd's epic journey was not a contrived cover-up. There was no national security involved. Others beside the President who saw the pictures and read the log simply believed that the phenomena of a world within a world was so fantastic as to be preposterous. (A secretary to the late President Coolidge verified the official reaction.)

The pictures and log of that Byrd flight to the interior of the earth were sealed and immediately placed in a vault at the Library of Congress. They lay there untouched for 12 years. When World War n began, the secret account of Byrd's 1927 flight was reviewed and became classified under the name "White Sheet Project". In the second year of the war, American Intelligence and the executive branch realized the significance of another world within a world, especially when Jonathon Caldwell, on a training flight in a round wing plane whose routing was over the North Pole, drifted into the black void which Byrd had come upon in 1927. Consequently, the Byrd flight, along with Caldwell's 1940 log was relabeled the "White Pole Project". When World War II hostilities ceased in 1945 the "White Pole Project" was placed under a new Navy department called Polar Archives, where it still operates in 1978 on the sixth floor of the National Archives. In the 1960's NASA Archives became the repository for much of the Polar activities because of the intense space craft action and related world research at the Polar regions.

With the reader made aware of the foregoing background information on Byrd's early Arctic exploits, we can now return to the circumstances surrounding his 1946 flight into the Antarctic, about which this chapter is mainly concerned.

Before departure for that 1946 flight, the Navy allowed Byrd to add to his extensive first-hand knowledge of the Antarctic by perusal of newly acquired information taken from captured German records and books. Most believable to Byrd were the exploits and observations of German teams sent to the Antarctic from 1937 onward. These aerial and land teams had mapped and photographed much of the subcontinent and the reports on their Antarctic findings were an engrossing study that had stimulated naval curiosity. Byrd was instinctively aware that the Germans would have preferred that these classified reports had not been moved to the Americas, for they gave helpful clues and conclusions about German intentions at the South Pole. Not all the classified information regarding the probes on the Pole had been given Byrd, but the facts he had assimilated assured him that regardless of how incredible polar openings to the interior of the planet were regarded by those to whom he spoke, an entrance to the inner earth could indeed exist, regardless of scientific opinion. The location of such an opening, if it existed, should be near the South Pole beneath a cloud covered area, which Byrd had observed in 1929 but had not been able to check. That possible site was east of the Pole on a line of flight nearby the 171st meridian.

Reflecting again on his past Polar accomplishments and the frustrations arising from government bureaucracy, Byrd was cognizant that 17 years after his last aerial trip to the South Pole he and a new crew were now heading into the Antarctic again, perhaps to conclude once and for all times his polar adventures that might unravel the enigma of the sub-continent.

From McMurdo, Admiral Byrd and his crew were flown to the aircraft carrier 300 miles north in the Antarctic waters. A final briefing took place, and the flight was scheduled for the following morning.

Each man on the crew had taken an oath of secrecy. If they failed to return after a given period of time in the so-called Antarctic exercise, a massive emergency search was to be started. But regardless of the outcome, it was agreed not to inform the public of the true purpose of the excursion into the unknown.

In the wisdom of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, Byrd had not been told the secret of the round wing plane which America then possessed.

Byrd and his men checked out the conventional aircraft on which they had trained in the United States. It was called a Falcon, but had no relationship to the 1929 Falcon built by Curtis Wright Aircraft Company. This particular aircraft had been specially constructed in 1946 for high speed and great endurance. The entire project under which it was conceived by the Navy, designed and rushed to completion, was top secret. The airplane's speed is unknown but presumed to have been a good margin over 300 miles per hour. Its range was over 6,000 miles. The Pratt and Whitney engines were
also carefully tuned and all unused space in the aircraft was filled with extra gasoline containers, each  filled with 100 gallons and tapped into the main fuel supply line to the engines. Extra food rations, because of their added weight, had been kept to a minimum. In case of emergency landing, there would be no hope of survival, particularly in the rarefied atmosphere of the mountain range that barred their path to the area of search in the South Pole region.

For takeoff, the plane was overheavy. Even with catapult assistance the pilot had difficulty sustaining
safe height. It became necessary to fly at 5,000 feet maximum for over six hours until extra fuel was
used up and its containers thrown overboard.

The following are notes from the log kept by Admiral Richard E. Byrd on his exploratory trip to and beyond the South Pole and into the interior of the Earth. On February 5, 1946, the log begins: "Catapulted from aircraft carrier with full tanks plus extra tanks; the carrier located about 300 miles due north of the McMurdo Base; clear skies, headed for the settlement there, reaching it about 6:50 A.M., circled the settlement; flew low, waving to those on the ground who waved in return. (Byrd's flight from McMurdo, 400 miles due west to the first mountain chain's rim was time-consuming inasmuch as it became expedient to bum off his aircraft's excess fuel. It was too overloaded to permit a sufficient gain in altitude.) Arrived first designated area at 3:00 P.M. our time, skies very clear, coal
sack would be seen very clearly overhead, circled the area three times, dropped a small American flag outside the window to claim for the U.S.A. (Reason for circling area was because aircraft was still unable to attain sufficient altitude to cruise over the 10,500 foot pass of the Axel Heiberg glazier onto  the central plateau where the supposed valley might begin into the planet's interior).

"Dropped the empty gasoline drums by means of ejection chute in aircraft floor. After several hours, gross weight reduced enough to gain height and cross the mountain rim.

"4:20 P.M. -- Arrived at the edge of the valley, sun was still bright in the sky. We started down following the contour of the ground taking note of the terrain as we descended. At first, slope is gradual then it becomes steeper as though one were going down the side of a mountain. (Navigator now concerned that too much excess was burned off.)

"4:30 P.M. - Ice Cap beginning to get thinner, now beginning to see the exposed side of the mountain.  

Our outside temperature gauge has also recorded a 10 degree rise from 60 below zero, observed at the start of the descent.

"5:00 P.M. - We are still following a slope down, the ice is now very thin on the rocks that cover the slope, see some black spots that could be coal, sun is still high in the sky, temperature continues to show a slow steady rise, it could even be tropical at the bottom of the valley, maybe even a Shangri-La only time will tell.

"5: 30 P. M. - - Altimeter shows drop of about one mile since we entered the valley. We have traveled
some 300 plus miles in a down slope, sides seem to be gradually getting steeper.

"6:00 P.M. - Ice completely gone, rocks now bare, temperature shows a steady rise, getting warmer as we go deeper, all of a sudden we seem to have hit a bottomless pit in which the sides slope straight down, compass gone completely crazy and is not working at all. We are now spiraling downward, the sun is still shining, but gets dimmer as we descend.

"7:00 P.M. - We have been descending into the hole for almost an hour, air outside continues getting
warmer, a few minutes ago we passed a small waterfall from which stearm seemed to be coming, we
circled so that our photographer could get a picture. As the sun was dim, we had to use flood lights to enable a good photograph.

"8:00 P.M. - We are nosing down as if traveling on level ground, the compass now not working at all,
altimeter has shown a steady fall, instruments indicate our ground speed has slowed to about 50 miles  per hour. Why are we traveling so slow?

"9:00 P.M. - Calculate we have traveled down for at least 100 miles from the top of the hole, fuel is half gone, dropped another empty gas tank. (Extra gasoline cans held 100 gallons each, made of aluminum 1/8" thick.) It fell horizontally toward the wall as if being pulled toward ground; readings are crazy here, haven't enough fuel to travel further into the earth. (Bell has sounded indicating fuel supply in main tanks half gone.) We'll turn back and properly explore on future expedition. Our fuel will get us back if we start now, radio is dead, no contact. (Crew were confused because though not weightless, they were able to walk up the sides and on roof of the plane, and remain perpendicular.) Four synchronized clocks on board plus crew's watches kept time, but, later it was shown all clocks and watches had gained seven hours.

"10:00 P.M. - We are now traveling up at faster speed than we went down, and it as if we were traveling along level ground, no explanation of it, it is starting to get cooler outside as we move towards the surface.

11:00 P.M. - We are now getting near the top where the steep drop off started, have given orders to fly a right angle from our course to determine the diameter of the shaft, cold is starting to get intense outside again.

"12:00 Midnight - We have traveled for about an hour and we have returned to approximately our starting point, navigator believes hole to be over 100 miles in diameter. We are now ascending and steadily gaining speed with wind in our rear, temperature outside gets colder, speed increases automatically."

FOOTNOTE: Byrd later made a special report on how his speed changed without pilot aid from 300 miles per hour on the surface down to about 50 miles per hour descending the hole or shaft. He also told how the temperature went from minus 60 degrees fahrenheit on the surface to more than plus 60 degrees fahrenheit at the point of return during his descent. (They also reported seeing steam coming out of more than one hole in the rocks and discovered cloud formations within the 125 mile shaft. Their instruments also recorded a steady stream of air corning from deep within the shaft which he felt accounted for their decreased speed in descent. The Admiral recorded that the feeling within the great  shaft to the interior was uncanny as if one were on a different planet.)

"1:00 A.M. - We are now out of the shaft and going up on the slope; have the movie camera taking shots of all rocks and looking for signs of life or vegetation as we ascend, ground ice forming and getting thicker as we go up.

"2:00 A.M. - We are now at top of valley and will fly across to record the distance. Can barely see the sun coming up in the north. At this time of year it stays up most of time. About four hours of night.

"3:00 A.M. - We are across the top, finally, navigator calculated it approximately 500 miles in diameter at the top of the funnel. We are now heading for home base and the carrier."

While in the throat of the funnel (or as Byrd called it, the spiral of the screw) the crew saw in the distance a formation of at least five UFO's converging from deeper in the interior. This sighting was also tracked on their navigational radar. As the UFO formation reached Byrd's unarmed plane, a craft positioned itself on each wing tip of the American plane. Byrd's photographer continued to photograph his silent pacers which revealed clearly defined German swaztikas on their tops and bottoms.

Actually, the German circular winged planes made no warlike maneuvers nor did they make radio contact with Byrd on that particular expedition. Bold, but not foolish, Byrd's pilot was instructed to take no evasive action, and the photographer advised to continue photographing with the still cameras and automatics. Later, over 300 interior photos sent to the National Science Foundation and the National Archives, would comprise the evidence which Admiral Byrd and his crew brought back.

"1:00 P.M. - We are now back on the Aircraft carrier having landed with no problem. After a good rest, we will fly to New Zealand tomorrow for immediate return to the United States." According to the clocks on board the Falcon aircraft, the flight lasted 31 hours but aircraft carrier time showed the Falcon had been absent 23 hours. Upon his arrival at the aircraft, Byrd sent a coded report to Washington; then the Admiral and his crew rested for three full days on the carrier. Besides the coded report a fast reconnaissance aircraft took special documents and film to Washington via Sydney, Christchurch and Panama. Upon Byrd's later arrival in the United States, the Admiral was immediately escorted to a top secret meeting at the Pentagon with the heads of various armed services.

Extracts from his log were read and hundreds of feet of movie footage were shown and explained to the military brass.

(Today, the specially built Falcon is under wraps at Wright Patterson Field, Dayton, Ohio. When the facts of this expedition are released by the Navy, the Byrd plane will go on display at the Smithsonian Institute).

The log book of the Falcon, written by the navigator and signed by Byrd was formerly stored in a safe in a single room in the National Archives, used only for the custody of this historical document. It could not be seen without a Presidential order. It was briefly examined by the authors in 1976 for one hour while two security personnel stood by. A second examination in 1977 was permitted, with the help of Senator Lawton Chiles of Florida. In 1978 the log was moved to underground historical vaults in the U.S. Air Force Kensington Tombs.

After the movie showing of the Byrd Antarctic expedition, a meeting of the joint chiefs of staff was held with President Harry S. Truman presiding. Conclusions of that historic meeting were recorded by vote that immediate plans should be made for Byrd to return to the bottomless hole at the Southern end of the world, penetrate into the interior, and locate the German base with its round wing planes. The date for re-entry was set for February 16, 1947. The American squadron would again ride against the Germans on conventional, propellor driven, fixed wing aircraft. As for Byrd, he was still not told of the Jefferson round wing project.

Thus there was continued the coverup of America's activities in the Antarctic that was to prevent the public from knowing the true intentions of the United States and its post-war allies.

No comments: