I am constantly on the lookout for sensible health providing protocols that are also efficient and effective. This is a lovely way to optimize squats and also bring about a balancing of the brains electro balance as well. This is unexpected.
I am adding this to a simple plank as well which supports my core.
That it enhances concentration is simply good news.
SuperBrain Yoga – a simple exercise to maximize brain power!
At this week’s assembly some fun was had by all students and staff who were given the opportunity to learn about, and practice Super Brain Yoga : )
SuperBrain Yoga is a scientifically validated method that will help you energize your brain and enhance its sharpness and clarity. It’s a simple technique which proposes to increase intellectual capacity and sharpen both memory and concentration.
This practice is based on the principles of subtle energy and ear acupuncture. Basically, SuperBrain Yoga allows energy from your lower chakras–or energy centers–to move up to the forehead and crown chakras. When this happens, this energy is transformed into subtle energy, which is utilized by the brain to enhance its proper functioning.
Some of the benefits of SuperBrain Yoga:
- It energizes and activates the brain by synchronizing Alpha brain waves.
- It reduces psychological stress and improves psychological stability.
- It results in greater intelligence and creativity.
- It promotes proper functioning of the brain.
SuperBrain Yoga is essentially a form of acupressure and breathing technique used to balance both hemispheres of the brain and bring energy up to the brain. The exercise is easy to learn, takes only a few minutes to do and can be done by almost anyone, anywhere.
http://www.lightstreams.com.au/downloads/sby-a-research-study.pdf or google Super Brain Yoga
How to Practice Super Brain Yoga: Step-by-Step Instructions
Ideally, this exercise should be done in the morning. Face the sunrise. This form of yoga should be done in the morning, so that your concentration and stress relief will apply throughout the whole day. Follow these seven steps:
- Remove all jewelry and stand up straight.
- Place your tongue on the roof of your mouth right behind your teeth (as if you were about to say “La”). Leave it there throughout the exercise.
- Take your left hand and cross your upper body to hold of your right earlobe with thumb and forefinger. Make sure that the thumb is in front.
- Now take your right hand across your upper body to hold of your left earlobe. Again, make sure that the thumb is in front. At this point you’re pressing both earlobes simultaneously. Make sure your left arm is close to your chest and inside your right arm.
- Inhale through your nose and slowly squat down to the ground.
- Hold your breath and do not exhale until you start making your way back up to a standing position.
- Repeat this squatting action between 15 and 21 times. Remember to keep holding your earlobes and to keep your tongue touching the roof of your mouth throughout the entire exercise. You may not notice a change immediately, but after a few weeks an improvement in concentration should become apparent.
Mrs Jane Sleeman